Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Resistance Begins .... scene one, cont.

Gallia said...

l'Intendant Bastille:
" Some Chevert wine sil vous plait."

[Thinking to himself.]
"There is something - something about this place about which I can not identify. It hints at me summoning caution and force in my calculations. I do not want to use draconian measures but...

It was good the new militia brigades arrived a few weeks ago with me are now solely eating Gallian foods. I do not want a repeat of the gastronomic distresses the regulars experienced here before they marched off to the eastwards with Lt. Gen. Chevert. Orderly!"

Orderly:
"Oui Monsieur l'Intendant?"

Bastille:
"Send for Lt. Gardier of the de Saxe Uhlans with my compliments. I have a notion something is afoot."

Narrator:
As the orderly exited the room, Bastille checked today's report of soldiers fit for service.

De Saxe Uhlans: 120 with Pettygree and Masquerade.

Brigade Provence:
Four battalions: 2,323 hommes here in Frankfurt Am Main

Militia Grenadiers: 480, again here in the city.

Brigade Flanders:
Three battalions: 1,952 hommes

Artillery:
Eight with each battalion.

Passing Through:
Saxe-Raschstein Chevaulegers: 400 cavaliers.

Plus Lt. Gen. de Poyanne is not far away with his corps just north of me. I believe he has some 25,000 hommes and twenty pieces of ordnance.

Still....

June 27, 2007 9:17 AM

Delete

No comments: